Associate Director/Business Development Director
The Associate Director/Business Development Director identifies, evaluates, and executes global strategic transactions to build the future of HiFiBiO Therapeutics business development goals and objectives. The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and will require this individual to have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of the company, including most senior levels in the organization. The role requires this individual to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines within short timeframes with an acute eye for details.
- Lead search and evaluate therapeutic drug programs through pre-clinical stages of all aspects of drug development and commercialization, mode of actions, preclinical evaluations, regulatory strategy, clinical development path, intellectual property, and commercial potential.
- Lead search and evaluation to identify strategic partners for the DIS™ platform.
- Assist in the development of HiFiBiO’s long-term strategic analysis of therapeutic areas beyond HiFiBiO’s current focus proactively.
- Support the development of a company strategy for maximum value creation and the development/refinement of a business development strategy that aligns with the company strategy.
- Support the identification, evaluation, and execution of acquisition, investment, and partnership opportunities across a range of therapeutic areas and assets, including Out-licensing/in-licensing opportunities, M&A opportunities, and Research collaborations.
- Execute complex analytics to assess opportunities (e.g. comparable deal analysis and financial modeling/NPV analysis) and provide diligence support for all transactions (e.g., preparing and setting up diligence files, financing documents, etc.).
- Support the drafting and negotiating of transaction term sheets utilizing creative deal structures and processes that result in business success and maximum value.
- Partner closely with internal and external legal teams to negotiate and implement appropriate legal agreements to support research, development, and commercial goals.
- Support program and alliance management, finance, and legal teams in transaction implementation and management.
- Assessing the landscape for potential partners who are strategically aligned with HIFIBIO’s platform and assets.
- BS/BA required, Ph.D. or MBA with at least 5-10 years of experience working in a biotech/pharmaceutical company in business development with a track record of executing deals.
- An understanding of the drug discovery and development process.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines across multiple transactions.
- Ability to explain complex strategic initiatives and advanced scientific/medical challenges across a broad audience.
- Strong communication and presentation skills across all levels of the organization.
- Willingness to travel as per business need.
Please send a cover letter briefly stating why your skills set would suit the job and your reasons for applying as well as your CV. All CVs will be reviewed at our earliest availability.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
Our Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for HiFiBiO Therapeutics. To protect the interests of all parties involved, HiFiBiO will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position(s) is in place. Unsolicited resumes sent to HiFiBiO from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and HiFiBiO and do not obligate HiFiBiO in any way to pay any fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees; no response will be provided to such contact or presentation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, marital status or any other protected Federal/National, State/Province, or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.