Associate Scientist/Scientist (Protein Science)
We are looking for a motivated Associate Scientist or Scientist to expand and diversify the capacity of our protein science team focusing on antibody therapeutic discovery. The individual will support HiFiBiO’s preclinical antibody drug discovery programs for antibody production and purification. The candidate is expected to generate high-quality data and to thoroughly document experimental results in a timely manner, enabling efficient project progression. Successful candidate will work closely with Project Leaders and the Protein Science team to characterize diverse antibody formats and modalities. The candidate will also collaborate with disease biology, in vivo biology, single-cell sequencing, and bioinformatics teams for the successful execution of HiFiBiO’s drug discovery programs.
The selected individual must have demonstrated, hands-on expertise in the following areas:
- Construction of expression vectors, expression and production of antibodies, antibody fragments, and proteins using transient and stable mammalian cells.
- Purification of antibodies, antibody fragments, and proteins using various chromatographic processes.
- Characterization of antibodies and proteins using SDS-PAGE, HPLC, ELISA, Octet and/or SPR is a plus.
- Screening of antibodies from phage/yeast display library as needed.
- Managing lab's plasmids, antibodies and engineered cell lines.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- BS/MS in Molecular/Cell biology/Biochemistry or related field with two or more years of experience and demonstrated success with antibody/Protein production and purification
- Hands-on experience in the following areas: molecular biology techniques including plasmid construction, RT-PCR & PCR, and sequence analysis; in vitro analytical techniques for antibody/protein characterization (e.g., SDS-PAGE, SEC); flow cytometry and FACS analysis
- Familiarity with data analysis software, such as Microsoft Office and GraphPad Prism, FlowJo, and sequence analysis tools
- Ability to write and execute a technical/experimental plan and draft SOPs
- Diligence and accuracy in recording data in the company Electronic Lab Notebook system
- Ability to work to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to work within a team environment
Please send a cover letter briefly stating why your skills set would suit the job and your reasons for applying as well as your CV. All CVs will be reviewed at our earliest availability.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters).
Our Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for HiFiBiO Therapeutics. To protect the interests of all parties involved, HiFiBiO will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position(s) is in place. Unsolicited resumes sent to HiFiBiO from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and HiFiBiO and do not obligate HiFiBiO in any way to pay any fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees; no response will be provided to such contact or presentation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, marital status or any other protected Federal/National, State/Province, or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.