About HIFIBIO Therapeutics
HiFiBiO Therapeutics is an emerging multinational biotherapeutics company mobilizing the human immune system to combat disease. The company integrates deep-rooted biological expertise with our comprehensive single-cell profiling technologies to rapidly discover and advance a pipeline of antibody drugs to treat cancer and autoimmune disorders. In addition, HiFiBiO Therapeutics has multiple open-innovation partnerships with industry and academia with the vision to benefit a broad range of cancer patients. For more information, see our website at http://hifibio.com/
About the Position
We are looking for a motivated, proactive, rigorous and hands-on associate scientist who will thrive in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will work in a dynamic and young company in the field of antibody/drug discovery and report to senior scientists in the Translational science team in Paris’s site.
- The candidate will carry out activities related to the characterization of antibodies in cell-based assays with cell lines and primary cells (healthy donors and patients’ cells)
- Daily duties and tasks of this position are to take in charge (i) the culture and characterization of cell lines (ii) the characterization of the biological activity of our antibodies using various assays, (ii) including (not limited to) culture of activated T cells from healthy donors and patients, (iii) flow cytometry analysis, (iv) ELISA/western blot, (v) proliferation and functional assays, (vi) management of general laboratory operations
The selected individual must have demonstrated hands-on expertise in the following areas:
- Cell culture
- Flow cytometry/ FACS
- T cell assays
- Cytokine analysis
- Standard techniques of biochemistry and molecular biology
- Knowledge in oncology and antibody characterization/development is a plus
- >5 years experience in a laboratory with at least 2 years in the industry.
- Cell biology techniques including maintenance and culture of stable cells lines and primary cells.
- Experience in cell-based assay development such as: T cell activation, proliferation, cytokine secretion, co-culture with sorter cells.
- Experience in assay development e.g. binding and blocking assays by flow cytometry.
- Molecular Biology techniques including PCR, DNA/RNA purification methods.
- Biochemistry techniques including SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, ELISA.
- Knowledge in immunology is mandatory.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written skills in English
- Ability to write and execute a technical plan
- Ability to write an SOP and use an electronic Lab Notebook for data recording
- Demonstrated autonomy in the data analysis and interpretation
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good team working skills
- Positive mindset
- Software skills: Microsoft Office package, GraphPad/Prism, FlowJo
- Bachelor (or Master degree) in Cell Biology, immunology or a related discipline with 5 years of experience including at least 2 years in the industry
To apply, please send a cover letter briefly stating why your skills set would suit the job and your reasons for applying as well as your CV (with 'Associate Scientist, Translational Biology' in the title to:
Laetitia Furio, Senior scientist