We are looking for a motivated, proactive, rigorous and flexible hands-on associate scientist/senior associate scientist who will thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment. The candidate will join our Lead Optimization team in Cambridge and to support antibody drug discovery programs from hit identification to IND filing.
The job responsibilities include culture and maintenance of cell lines, isolation of primary cells from human/mouse blood and other tissues, setup of in vitro biochemical and cellular assays to characterize antibodies for lead optimization and development of candidate selection.
The successful candidate will work closely with biologists and immunologists to establish and implement antibody characterization assay flow-charts and to timely provide high-quality data and experimental results enabling efficient project progression. The candidate is expected to make sound judgment of scientific results and present his/her data at internal project meetings.
The selected individual must have demonstrated hands-on expertise in the following areas:
- Cell biology and biochemistry techniques, including maintenance and culture of stable cells lines and primary cells, SDS-PAGE and ELISA
- >3 years’ experience in assay development and validation according to industry standard including 96/384-well plate-based, reporter, ELISA and flow cytometry assays
- Experience in data analysis software, such as Microsoft Office and GraphPad Prism
- Experience in electronic laboratory notebook data recording
- Experience in the development of High Throughput/High content screening methods, robot handling and immunology knowledge are a plus
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to write and execute a technical plan and SOPs
- Demonstrated autonomy in the data analysis and interpretation
- Ability to work to meet deadlines
- Good team working skills
Bachelor of Science required, Masters degree preferred in Cell Biology, Biochemistry or a related discipline with preferably 3-5 years of experience in industry.
Please send a cover letter briefly stating why your skills set would suit the job and your reasons for applying as well as your CV. All CVs will be reviewed at our earliest availability.