Director, Translational Bioinformatics
HiFiBiO is seeking a Director of Translational Bioinformatics to join our Oncology Translational Medicine team within the Clinical Development organization. The successful candidate will build a team with strong translational bioinformatics capability to support our mission to deliver transformative medicines to patients. We are seeking a collaborative and highly motivated individual with experience in cutting-edge bioinformatics approaches and a solid understanding of the clinical development process to enable integrative analyses and interpretation of clinical molecular datasets. The Director will provide scientific, technical, and strategic leadership to our growing translational program, and will help to establish the infrastructure to ensure efficient analysis and interpretation of the multi-omic and single-cell data generated from human subjects in HiFiBiO clinical trials and other real-world cohorts to support the clinical development objectives of the HiFiBiO programs.
- Develop translational bioinformatics strategy to support the HiFiBiO clinical program and collaborative projects; build a team to implement strategy.
- Lead the development, deployment, and application of novel algorithms, analyses approaches, and pipelines to maximize the translational impact of our clinical programs.
- Work closely with the clinical biomarker team to develop biomarker testing strategies, genomic and single-cell biomarker identification to support translational objectives.
- Leverage scalable cloud environments and analysis platforms to develop infrastructure to efficiently interrogate public datasets, single-cell resources, and biomarker data from clinical studies.
- Conduct, supervise and communicate exploratory functional analyses and visualization of complex datasets from oncology clinical trials to demonstrate the mechanism of action and inform patient stratification strategies.
- Develop strategies to integrate different data modalities, including NGS, single-cell transcriptomes, digital pathology, with clinical observations to derive mechanistic and biomarker insights.
- Provide input to the clinical team on biomarker-related elements of clinical protocols, IBs, INDs, CTAs, CSR, and publications
- Partner with the biomarker team to monitor data generation efforts, lead data visualization, data analysis, interpretation, and communication to the clinical team.
- Align with the Drug Intelligent Science team to deliver novel approaches using single-cell data to develop biomarkers for selecting patients for treatment.
- Contribute to building a culture that embraces scientific excellence and integrity with a sense of collaboration internally and externally.
- Ph.D. degree in a scientific field with 5+ years of relevant experience in a life-science environment, preferably in a translational bioinformatics role.
- Deep understanding of the role of translational research in drug development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and apply data analysis bioinformatics and statistical workflows to answer hypothesis-driven questions in oncology and immuno-oncology.
- Experience with using methods pertinent to a functional interpretation of transcriptomic data, including pathway enrichment, functional module detection, and causal reasoning.
- Familiarity with machine learning and statistical methods and strategies for integrative analyses of multi-omic data, single-cell data, and clinical observations.
- Experience with accessing, processing, and leveraging data from large-scale open repositories in immuno-oncology for integrative analyses to derive deeper insights.
- Demonstrated experience in using advanced computational tools, including Unix, cloud-based computational and pipelining platforms, and fluency in programming languages common to the bioinformatics community such as R and Python.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and driving towards results.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively across teams.
Please send a cover letter briefly stating why your skills set would suit the job and your reasons for applying as well as your CV. All CVs will be reviewed at our earliest availability.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
Our Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for HiFiBiO Therapeutics. To protect the interests of all parties involved, HiFiBiO will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position(s) is in place. Unsolicited resumes sent to HiFiBiO from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and HiFiBiO and do not obligate HiFiBiO in any way to pay any fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees; no response will be provided to such contact or presentation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, marital status or any other protected Federal/National, State/Province, or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.