We are looking for a Head of Disease Biology based in Cambridge, MA. The person hired for this position will be a key member of HiFiBiO’s Senior Scientific Leadership team reporting to the Global Head of Research. The ideal candidate is a Drug Discovery expert with experience in immunomodulatory antibody therapeutics, from the discovery and characterization phase to preclinical development and IND filing stages. He/She will direct a team of dedicated fast-paced Biology Project Leaders and must be independent, ambitious, innovative, and an excellent leader and communicator.
- Lead, develop, and provide scientific leadership and direction to cross-functional teams through the creation and execution of high-quality integrated discovery and translational plans.
- Contribute significantly to HiFiBiO drug discovery and development strategy in collaboration with our Antibody Discovery and Optimization (ADO) and Drug Intelligent Science (DIS) teams.
- Provide disease biology direction and support for antibody programs at preclinical and clinical-stage, driving programs forward with scientific excellence and urgency.
- Supervise the timely generation of high-quality data from various disease-relevant systems and experimental settings for therapeutic antibody discovery and development.
- Contribute to the therapeutic target evaluation, prioritization, and selection of new targets/programs entering the HiFiBiO pipeline.
- Foster effective communications between cross-functional teams across our US, France, China, and Hong Kong sites.
- Contribute to the Senior Scientific Leadership and upper management-driven meetings and initiatives.
- Ph.D. with 8-10 years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated leadership responsibilities in programs in clinical candidate selection, IND filing, and early clinical development stages.
- Strong translational research expertise in the field of Immuno-Oncology and/or autoimmune diseases, management, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, translate strategy to research initiatives, and drive for results.
- Strong collaborator with the ability to manage interdisciplinary and cross-functional teams.
- Highly self-motivated, enthusiastic, proactive, and organized.
- Experience in small/mid-size biotech.
Please send a cover letter and CV briefly stating why your skills set would suit the job and your reasons for applying to the posting found on our career page at www.hifibio.com
. All CVs will be evaluated at our earliest availability.
About HiFiBiO Therapeutics:
HiFiBiO Therapeutics is an emerging multinational company with sites in Cambridge (US), Paris (France), Shanghai and Hangzhou (China), and Hong Kong. Our company vision is to pioneer curative immunotherapies for each and every patient by unlocking the curative power of the immune system with innovative biotherapeutics. We aim at bringing to the clinic high-quality antibody-based therapies coupled with stratification biomarkers predictive of response. To do this, we integrate deep-rooted biological expertise, apply advanced single-cell profiling technologies, and leverage open-innovation strategies to accelerate the development of a repertoire of innovative antibody drugs to treat cancer and autoimmune disorders.