About HIFIBIO Therapeutics
HiFiBiO Therapeutics is an emerging multinational biotherapeutics company mobilizing the human immune system to combat disease. The company integrates deep-rooted biological expertise with our comprehensive single-cell profiling technologies to rapidly discover and advance a pipeline of antibody drugs to treat cancer and autoimmune disorders. In addition, HiFiBiO Therapeutics has multiple open-innovation partnerships with industry and academia with the vision to benefit a broad range of cancer patients. For more information, see our website at http://hifibio.com/
About the Position
As a senior member of our Data Intelligence team, the ideal candidate will play a key scientific role in the U.S., and become an integral part of an enthusiastic cross disciplinary group of computational biologists, bioinformaticians, data scientists, antibody engineers, disease biologists and external collaborators who are committed to driving innovation and excellence. With the aim to accelerate the discovery and development of new drug therapies through our Drug Intelligent Science™ platform, the successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, highly collaborative, multi-national, matrixed environment. Using both our internal single-cell data and external resources, the scientific contributions of the successful candidate will include, but is not limited to, the discovery of novel targets, identification and optimization of antibody candidates, and translational task such as characterization of patient populations and biomarker discovery. This role will involve direct staff mentoring/management and provide important scientific direction and thought leadership on internal research programs.
- Drives scientific innovation in multiple areas of drug development via building robust computational analysis workflows and by interfacing with adjacent teams in Single-Cell Science, Disease Biology, or Protein Science
- Leverages our inhouse single-cell data generation capabilities for advancing our drug candidate pipeline and champions the development of novel application areas
- Provides mentorship and oversight to the existing U.S. Data Intelligence team and plays an instrumental role in expanding the department’s capability across the company’s other multi-national locations in CN, FR and HK.
- A PhD in a relevant field, such as computational biology, systems biology, bioinformatics, or data science
- 2-3 years of experience in computational analysis with applications in drug discovery and development or equivalent relevant academic experience
- Proven track record of applying large-scale data analysis, pathway analysis, and network analysis to investigate mechanisms of disease and drug action
- Well versed in the analysis of multi-omics data from a variety of sources, prior experience with single-cell RNA sequencing data analysis preferred
- Accomplished user of medical, clinical, and biological databases and online resources to seek insight into mechanisms of disease
- Strong command of statistical analysis skills using programming languages such as R, Python, MATLAB, or Perl, with a track record of building and maintaining thorough data analysis pipelines with multiple computational scientists contributing
- Excellent expertise both methodologically and technically, with the ability to implement approaches using high-performance computing infrastructure, large-scale data management systems, version-controlled programming
- Holds the highest scientific standards, continuously challenges the status quo, and drives scientific innovations
- Thrives in cross-functional teams and is an effective communicator of scientific ideas to a wide-ranging audience, both internally and externally
- Strong publication record in related field is required
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter briefly stating why your skill set suits the job, and your reasons for applying through the posting on our career page at www.hifibio.com.