Scientist (Antibody Discovery)
We are looking for a motivated scientist to expand and diversify lead panels of antibodies for biotherapeutic development. The individual will support HiFiBiO’s preclinical antibody drug discovery programs from the hit generation to the optimization in the immuno-oncology area. The successful candidate will work closely with Project Leaders and the Protein Science teams in Cambridge and China. The candidate will be expected to generate high-quality data and to thoroughly document experimental results in a timely manner, enabling efficient project progression towards IND filing. The candidate will collaborate with disease biology, in vivo biology, single-cell sequencing, and bioinformatics teams for the successful execution of programs and advancing HiFiBiO’s drug discoveries. They will have the opportunity to present data at internal project meetings and external conferences.
The selected individual must have demonstrated, hands-on expertise in the following areas:
- Support the therapeutic strategy and design antibody discovery strategies using a variety of techniques (hybridoma/display/single-cell selection) through internal and external research
- Design and perform screening assays for therapeutic antibody lead selection for binding and selectivity
- Design and test engineering solutions (affinity maturation, humanization, multi-specific formatting and innovative protein fusion designs)
- Prioritizing studies to meet the timelines and make critical go/no go decisions for the project progression.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- MS/Ph.D. degree in relevant fields with experience working in a combination of antibody discovery and characterization in biotech/pharma settings
- Strong expertise in molecular biology techniques including vector construction, RT-PCR & PCR, and sequence analysis
- Expertise in flow cytometry and FACS analysis
- Sound knowledge in data analysis software, such as Microsoft Office and GraphPad Prism, FlowJo, Electronic laboratory notebook data recording
- Experience in protein characterization using SDS-PAGE, HPLC, ELISA, Octet and/or SPR is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to write and execute a technical/experimental plan and draft SOPs
- Diligence and accuracy in recording data in the company Electronic Lab Notebook system.
- Ability to work to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive in identifying roadblocks and seeking solutions alone or with the help of team members
- Strong team-working skills
- Strong desire for innovation with can do and will do approach
Please send a cover letter briefly stating why your skills set would suit the job and your reasons for applying as well as your CV. All CVs will be reviewed at our earliest availability.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters):
Our Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for HiFiBiO Therapeutics. To protect the interests of all parties involved, HiFiBiO will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position(s) is in place. Unsolicited resumes sent to HiFiBiO from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and HiFiBiO and do not obligate HiFiBiO in any way to pay any fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees; no response will be provided to such contact or presentation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, marital status or any other protected Federal/National, State/Province, or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.