HiFiBiO Therapeutics is looking to hire a Scientist – Protein Science.
- Cambridge, Massachusetts.
About HIFIBIO Therapeutics:
HiFiBiO Therapeutics is an emerging multinational biotherapeutics company mobilizing the human immune system to combat disease. The company integrates deep-rooted biological expertise with our comprehensive single-cell profiling technologies to rapidly discover and advance a pipeline of antibody drugs to treat cancer and autoimmune disorders. In addition, HiFiBiO Therapeutics has multiple open-innovation partnerships with industry and academia with the vision to benefit a broad range of cancer patients. For more information, see our website at http://hifibio.com/
About the Position:
We are looking for a scientist who works well in a team-based environment and can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the goal of therapeutic antibody discovery and early development. He/she will work closely with the protein science team and other scientists at our Cambridge site as well as our international sites. The qualified candidate will be responsible for daily operations of molecular cloning, antibody engineering, antibody expression and purification. In addition, the person will also characterize antibodies using various in-vitro assays.
- Plasmid construction, molecular cloning and PCR amplifications.
- Cell culture of Mammalian cells and transfections.
- General protein purification with and/or without an ÄKTA system by affinity chromatography, ion exchange, size exclusion, & reverse phase methods.
- Biochemical and biophysical characterization assays such as SEC, light scattering, SDS-PAGE, western blot, ELISA and BLI (Octet).
- Documenting experiments, results and findings in electronic laboratory notebook, book-keeping for sequence databases, daily operations and inventory status.
- Either a PhD in biophysical chemistry, molecular biophysics, or biochemistry with 0-3 years post-doctoral training, or MS/BS with 3+ years of relative industry experience.
- For PhD candidates, demonstrated first author publication record in related fields is required. For MS/BS candidates, knowledge of proper experimental documentation in industry is required.
- Sterile techniques and cell culture related experiences.
- Protein purification related techniques.
- Biochemical and biophysical characterization techniques.
- Automation experience is a plus.
To apply, please send a cover letter briefly stating why your skills set would suit the job and your reasons for applying as well as your CV to:
Qian Zhang, Principal Scientist