We are looking for a motivated, independent, rigorous and flexible hands-on scientist who will thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment. The successful candidate will be part of the growing Data Science/ Computational Biology team and will contribute to interdisciplinary project teams and collaborate with colleagues in the US, France and China, as well as with external partners.
The successful candidate should be an excellent communicator, proactive, well-organized and capable of working independently to deliver high-quality data. Her/his work will contribute to the research on novel targets for the development of antibody candidates and to translational research that will help define the clinical strategy for more advanced programs. Besides excellent skills in data analysis, statistics and scientific programming, the candidate must be passionate about biology and drug development, show creative thinking and willingness to be a continuous learner. This is a unique opportunity to have an impactful role in a multinational, innovative biotherapeutics company, working at the leading edge for treating cancer and autoimmune diseases.
- Interrogate large-scale genomic data sets, especially single-cell data, to help answer research questions that help to advance the programs
- Make external data sets available for in-house computational research by importing, processing, and quality controlling data
- Contribute to the development of new applications using our single-cell analysis platform
- Help to build computational infrastructure that can facilitate sustainable development of computational tools and storage of large-scale data
- Make oral and written updates in project team meetings routinely
- Research experience in computational biology, bioinformatics, data science, biomedical engineering or a related discipline, ideally 1-3 years
- Excellent skills in scientific programming in Python, MATLAB, R or related languages
- Machine learning/AI experience advantageous.
- Prior experience in analyzing single-cell data RNA sequencing data strongly preferred
- Candidates with solid biology or immunology knowledge preferred
- Demonstrated independence in the design and execution of computational analyses, as well as troubleshooting and documentation
- Innovative, motivated and productive problem solver with excellent written and oral communication skills who works effectively in a team setting
Please send your CV/Resume to Andreas Raue (a.raue [at] hifibio) or Adam Woolfe (a.woolfe [at] hifibio.com) with the title 'Application for Data Science/Computational Biology at HiFiBiO'.