Scientist, Microfluidic Single-Cell Analysis and Immune Repertoire Profiling.
HiFiBiO Therapeutics is a multinational biotherapeutics company mobilizing the human immune system to combat disease. We integrate deep-rooted biological expertise with our comprehensive single-cell profiling technologies to rapidly discover and advance a pipeline of antibody drugs to treat cancer and autoimmune disorders. We have developed an advanced droplet microfluidic-based platform for high-throughput, single-cell analysis that has the potential to give unprecedented insight into immune repertoires and transform the fields of therapeutic antibody and translational biomarker discovery. We are currently applying this technology to mine immune repertoires and discover novel therapies and biomarkers in partnership with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, academic institutions, and internal drug development programs.
HiFiBiO has laboratories and offices in Cambridge, MA; Paris, France; and Hongkong and Shanghai, China. We are a multidisciplinary team of biologists, engineers, and computational scientists looking for enthusiastic, creative, and talented people who share our passion to build a world-class biotechnology company with our experienced management team and exceptional scientific founders.
We currently have an exciting Scientist/Senior Scientist opportunity to work in the areas of microfluidic B cell screening, immune repertoire profiling, and single-cell analysis of primary human tumors. The individual in this position would be routinely operating and further developing our microfluidic CelliGO single-cell platform and applying it for immune repertoire screening and translational patient sample analysis. This position would be a good fit for an engineer fluent in biology or a mechanically-inclined biologist excited about working at the interface and leading edge of the two fields. The individual must be a persistent problem-solver, well-organized, strong team player, proactive, ambitious, and capable of working independently to timely deliver quality results in a fast-paced environment. This is an impactful opportunity that will have a key role in advancing our therapeutic programs and in shaping the culture of a young, dynamic, multinational company working at the leading edge of immuno-oncology and immune repertoire profiling. This position will be based at the Cambridge, MA site of HiFiBiO Therapeutics.
This individual will be part of the Single Cell Science group at the Cambridge, MA site. The daily duties and tasks of this position are to participate in the planning and execution of experiments as part of the company’s Single Cell Science and Antibody Discovery and Optimization programs.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Mastering, operating and maintaining the company’s proprietary microfluidic cell screening platform.
- Designing, developing, and implementing novel droplet-based functional screening assays.
- Supporting the development of novel applications of our microfluidic single-cell analysis system.
- Data analysis, interpretation, and presentation.
- Writing support documentation and SOPs.
- Regular and organized documentation of experiments in an electronic lab notebook.
- Supporting lab organization.
- Working cross-functionally as part of interdisciplinary multi-project teams with colleagues in Cambridge; Paris, France; and multiple China sites. Good communication and interpersonal skills are key.
Qualifications and Preferred Experience:
- Ph.D. in Biological Engineering, Applied Microfluidics, Biochemistry, Immunology, Molecular Biology, or a related field preferred; exceptional candidates with a BS/MS in these areas will also be considered. The initial job title will be commensurate with research experience.
- Mechanical inclination and aptitude are critical. Experience with microfluidic systems, and laser optics, high-speed imaging, and single-cell technologies.
- Experience in using fluorescent cell-based immunoassays (e.g., flow cytometry, ELISAs, ELISPOT).
- Fundamental knowledge of immunology. Knowledge of B cell biology, antibody V gene repertoire analysis, and genetics is a plus.
- Experience working with immune cells and culture of mammalian cells.
- General laboratory management and operation. Demonstration of good laboratory techniques.
- History of working in a team setting and demonstrating leadership.
To be considered for this role, please send a cover letter and CV briefly stating why your skills set would suit the job and your reasons for applying to the posting found on our career page at www.hifibio.com
. All CVs will be evaluated at our earliest availability. All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the United States. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401(k) plan, health and dental insurance, performance-based bonus, and flexible vacation time.