The HiFiBiO Therapeutics EU site (Paris) is currently recruiting a Scientist in microfluidics to participate in our R&D and therapeutic programs. Essential responsibilities include integration and validation of new features and new chips in industrial settings.
The successful candidate will be expected to work cross-functionally as part of interdisciplinary multi-project teams with colleagues in Cambridge, Paris, and China, as well as to interact with collaborators.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong expertise and know-how in microfluidics, preferably droplet-based microfluidics.
- Experience in design using CAD software such as Autocad and/or Solidworks.
- Knowledge in prototyping techniques and microfabrication (not limited to soft lithography techniques) for microfluidics applications.
- Extensive experience designing experiments and testing microfluidic chips.
- Background in microscopy, fluorescence imaging and high-speed imaging.
- Willingness to contribute to the design of other systems outside of the microfluidics.
- Wet chemistry/biology lab experience.
- Experience developing, troubleshooting, deploying, and interpreting the results from novel molecular and cellular assays.
- Data analysis in R, Python, and/or Matlab.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to plan, execute and deliver on time the experiments.
- Ability to communicate results in a professional manner, in English and French, is a plus.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team are essential.
- Experience of developing instrumentation in a commercial environment would be welcome.
A masters with 3 years of industry experience, or a Ph.D in bioengineering, electrical engineering, material science, mechanical engineering, biological sciences, or any other related field of study with an emphasis on microfluidics.
The individual must be a tenacious problem-solver as well as a great team player. You will be passionate about science, proactive, and well-organized. You should be capable of working independently to deliver quality results and interact with colleagues in our other offices around the world in a fast-paced startup environment. This is an impactful opportunity to play a key role in and to shape the culture of a dynamic, multinational innovative biotech working at the leading edge of treating immuno-oncology and autoimmune diseases.
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume and a cover letter to a.gerard [at] hifibio.com with the job title in the subject of your e-mail.