We are looking for a creative, motivated, independent, rigorous, and flexible hands-on scientist who will thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment. The successful candidate will be part of the growing Discovery Biology team at the Cambridge site of HiFiBiO Therapeutics and will contribute to interdisciplinary project teams and collaborate with colleagues in the US, France, and China, as well as with external partners.
The Discovery Biology team works to identify and validate novel therapeutic targets for modulating the immune system. As part of this effort, we seek to leverage our Open Innovation model for working with academic labs and other biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies to understand new biology and translate this knowledge to the clinic. In addition to a having a deep understanding of immunology, strong experimental skills, and being well-versed in the relevant scientific literature, the successful candidate must be passionate about biology and drug development, show creative thinking, and be a continuous learner. Her/his work will contribute to bringing novel therapeutic targets into our internal pipeline and towards translational research that will help define the clinical strategy for more advanced programs.
This is an exciting opportunity for a scientist looking to apply their expertise in immunology and tumor biology towards drug discovery and to have an impactful role in a multinational, innovative, and growing biotherapeutics company, working at the leading edge of treating cancer and autoimmune diseases.
- Generation, exploration, and validation of therapeutic hypotheses based on internal discovery efforts and new findings from the scientific literature.
- Determining the mechanisms of action of target molecules and test compounds.
- Identification and due diligence of potential collaboration opportunities and evaluation of potential therapeutic targets.
- Work closely with other functional teams, particularly Data Intelligence and Translational Sciences, to identify novel targets from patient datasets.
- Validate new targets and transition them into our internal pipeline.
- Provide biology support for ongoing drug discovery programs.
- Present to project teams and external collaborators.
- Ph.D. in the biological sciences, with a strong knowledge of immunology and tumor biology.
- Experience with immune cell assays and working with primary tumor samples.
- Experience analyzing and working with large-scale genomic datasets.
- Expertise in flow cytometry and working with rare cell populations.
- Excellent communication skills, proactive, well-organized, and capable of working independently to deliver high-quality data.
Please send your CV/Resume along with a cover letter describing your interest in this position to Roshan Kumar (r.kumar [at] hifibio.com) with the title 'Application for Discovery Biology at HiFiBiO'.