HiFiBiO Therapeutics is looking for a motivated, rigorous, and tech-savvy immunologist or an immunology proficient bioengineer. The successful candidate will be part of the Single-Cell Science team and will thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment. The individual will work in an interdisciplinary multi-project team, collaborating with colleagues in France, China, as well as with external partners. He/she should be proactive, well-organized, and capable of working independently to deliver high-quality data. The individual's work will be central to the discovery of antibody candidates for therapeutic development and predictive biomarkers of treatment response. Hence the candidate must be passionate about science and drug development, show creative thinking and curiosity to help propel single-cell technologies into novel applications. This is a unique opportunity to have an impactful role in a young and dynamic, multinational, innovative biotherapeutics company, working at the leading edge for treating cancer and autoimmune diseases.
- Lead the development of novel single-cell droplet-based assays for applications in drug development and translational science.
- Learn to run our proprietary microfluidic platform independently and design assays for antibody discovery and for immune cell functional readouts.
- Design, perform and optimize established laboratory techniques such as primary samples processing for in vitro immune cell stimulations and flow cytometry, ELISA and microscopy readouts.
- Mentor junior members in the design and analysis of experiments.
- Make oral and written project updates routinely
- Stay abreast of the most recent literature on new technological and biological opportunities.
- Ph.D. degree in immunology, cancer biology, or biomedical engineering required with 0-6 years of academic or industry experience.
- The ideal candidate has a strong background and interest in immunology concepts and immunological assays (e.g. multi-color flow cytometry, microscopy, ELISA) as well as in novel technologies (e.g. single-cell sequencing, Mass cytometry).
- Experience in one or both of the following: 1) Microfluidics: Proficient at using droplets microfluidic devices and operating its related instrumentation (optics, electronics, and fluidics), or 2) Immuno-oncology: Primary tissue processing and in vitro manipulation of immune cells (e.g. in vitro immune cell stimulation and phenotypic analysis).
- Prior experience in single-cell RNA sequencing is a plus.
- Demonstrated independence in the design, execution, and statistical analysis of experiments, as well as troubleshooting.
- Track record of excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Innovative, motivated, and productive problem solver and team player with excellent written and oral communication skills who works effectively in a team setting.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter and briefly state why your skill-set would suit the job and your reasons for applying.