HiFiBiO Therapeutics (www.hifibio.com) is an emerging multinational biotherapeutics company mobilizing the human immune system to combat disease. The company integrates deep-rooted biological expertise with our comprehensive single-cell profiling technologies to rapidly discover and advance a pipeline of antibody drugs to treat cancer and autoimmune disorders. In addition, HiFiBiO Therapeutics aspires to benefit patients through open-innovation partnerships with industry and academia. The combination of scientific leadership, exclusive IP and an experienced management team provides the company with a unique opportunity to introduce a breakthrough single-cell screening technology in the field of drug discovery, target- and biomarker discovery.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative person who shares our passion to build – together with world leading pharmaceutical companies - THE next generation of therapeutics and development technologies using leading edge technologies from ESPCI, Harvard and the Broad Institute. You will work in a dynamic, young company with an experienced management team and support of a scientific founding team that are recognized global leaders in our core technologies.
The following position is open now for our lab facility in Paris: Senior Scientist in Bioinformatics.
- The candidate is an innovator, bringing novel, creative ideas into an industrial reality
- The candidate must have excellent organizational skills in the key areas of computational biology/ with the expectation she/he will coordinate with engineers and advisors to implement and validate single cell microdroplet assays developed internally or in collaboration with HiFiBiO customers/collaborators.
- The candidate will contribute to bioinformatics analysis, development and deployment to general users for pre-clinical and clinical purposes; participate in the formulation and execution of a technical plan to meet our requirements.
- The candidate must have good written and oral communication skills; be able to communicate and work collaboratively with other team members to an interdisciplinary team.
- The candidate must be a self-starter; be able to work collaboratively and to work to deadlines and deliver a quality result is a must.
- The candidate must demonstrate ability to participate in cross-functional, global teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn and optimize single cell bioinformatics pipelines adapted to single cell droplet-based microfluidics assays on an industrial & robust level.
- Lead all bioinformatics operations, R&D and implementations.
- Team player, ability to work with engineers and wet lab scientists.
- Extensive experience in analyzing high-throughput sequencing data such as RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, WGS etc.
- Good knowledge of molecular biology, mammalian gene expression and preferably immunology.
- Experience analyzing single-cell datasets.
- Proficient understanding of statistics.
- Extensive knowledge of scripting language like Perl, Python, database SQL, graphing and statistical analyses in R and shell scripting in Linux.
- Experience in working with industrial partners and with sub-contractors, working w/ partners to define their needs, formulating a technical plan in response to needs & requirements, and executing on the technical plan and presenting the results.
Education Requirements / Working Experience:
- PhD in Bioinformatics or Masters with at least 5 years of industry or academic experience.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills in English.
To apply, please send a cover letter briefly stating why your skills set would suit the job and your reasons for applying as well as your CV either directly through BetterTeams or to a.gerard [at] hifibio.com. The position will remain open until it is filled and is available to start straight away.