[CDI] Senior Technician/Associate Scientist (Lead Optimization)
HiFiBiO Therapeutics is an emerging multinational biotherapeutics company mobilizing the human immune system to combat disease. The company integrates deep-rooted biological expertise with our comprehensive single-cell profiling technologies to rapidly discover and advance a pipeline of antibody drugs to treat cancer and autoimmune disorders. In addition, HiFiBiO Therapeutics aspires to benefit patients through open-innovation partnerships with industry and academia. For more information, see our website at http://hifibio.com/
About the Position:
We are looking for a motivated, proactive, rigorous and flexible hands-on scientist who will thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment. The candidate will work in a dynamic and young company in the field of antibody/drug discovery. The candidate will report to the Group Leader of the Lead Optimization team in Paris’s site.
- The candidate will carry out activities related to Protein Expression, first tier and second tier assays development and their industrialization, cell biology and molecular biology according to industry standards.
- Daily duties and tasks of this position are to take in charge (i) the culture and characterization of cell lines, (ii) the antibody cloning, expression in mammalian cell systems and their purification, (iii) the characterization of the biological activity of our antibodies using various assays and (iv) to manage general laboratory operations.
The selected individual must have demonstrated hands-on expertise in the following areas:
- 5 years’ experience in assay development according to industry standard, such as but not restricted to: binding and blocking assays by flow cytometry, intracellular (Calcium, cAMP, pERK, internalization...).
- Experience in cell-based assays such as: ADCC, Chemotaxis.
- Experience in the development of High Throughput/High content screening methods. Robots handling is a plus.
- Molecular Biology techniques including PCR, DNA/RNA purification methods, cloning and plasmid preparation.
- Antibody production including (transient/stable) expression in mammalian cells and affinity column purification.
- Cell biology techniques including maintenance and culture of stable cells lines and primary cells.
- Biochemistry techniques including SDS-PAGE, ELISA and OCTET.
- Knowledge in immunology is a plus.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Oral, written skills in English.
- Ability to write and execute a technical plan.
- Ability to write SOP and use an electronic Lab Notebook for data recording.
- Demonstrated autonomy in the data analysis and interpretation.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Good team working skills.
- Software skills: Microsoft Office package, GraphPad/Prism, CLC or equivalent, FlowJo.
- Bachelor (or Master degree) in cell Biology, biochemistry or a related discipline with at least 5 years of experience in industry.
To apply, please send a cover letter briefly stating why your skills set would suit the job and your reasons for applying as well as your CV to:
Rachel Pacherie, Group Leader